Festival Face Paint

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Made a Cake and Ate it Too

Life is going well right now.  Of course there are a few thing that I wish could be better but as a whole Life is Great!  We have so many blessings to be thankful for!  It is Amazing.  

Now that our summer jobs at Royal Celebrity Tours are over and done with for the season, we have been adapting back into normal life.  Matt started school again and is taking some very demanding classes, the homework and preparations never end!  But he is doing well and all his hard work will pay off in the end.  
We are now able to become more active in our callings at church too!  It has been a lot of fun.  I am currently in the Young Women's and have had the chance to get to know a lot of the girls better.  They are awesome!  Although, it is funny to think that I am not all that much older than these girls;  I guess that is why they put me in with the Beehives, so there will be a bigger age gap.
The other night for Mutual we were scheduled to be decorating cakes.  One of the Beehives in my class had a birthday the following day, so instead of decorating a cake with them I made one earlier that day and brought it for her birthday!  She loves Zebra Stripes and Hot Pink, so I did the best that I could in translating that to cake form.  It was a lot of fun decorating cakes again!  -However, up here in Alaska they definitely do not have all the ingredients that I am used to finding back home, so I wasn't able to do what I had originally anticipated.  But it turned out pretty good anyway.  

 

Here are some pictures of the cake!  Like I said, the idea is Zebra Stripes... Matt was having a hard time with  thinking it looked like Camouflage.  We decided if you squint a little bit then it looks more Zebra-ish.  Either way though, I thought it turned out pretty cute.  Especially considering the extremely un-artistic maker. 


Of course it also tasted pretty darn good.  I do have to say thank you to my wonderful Mother-in-Law, Kris, for providing me with all of the supplies that I have not gotten around to accumulating yet!  IE: cake pans, decorating tips, cake plates, flat metal spatula, ext.  Thank you!!

Anyway, I have had a lot of time lately to do more fun things.  Currently I am working on our Halloween Costumes!  I am excited about the whole thing, I have a vision and am hoping to have it come to life.  Matt, on the other hand, can not for the life of him get a picture of what the finished product is going to be like, so he is slightly less enthused.  Each step when he catches a glimmer of what it might be like is fun to see!

Today I am busy making bread (hopefully I'll be able to get some cinnamon rolls out of it too) and watching General Conference.  So far it has been great and there have been some really amazing speakers.  I am also realizing that we do not have a current subscription to the Ensign.  No worries, that is soon to change because I definitely want to be able to have the conference addition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment