Well I believe it is time for a quick update on what is going on in life.
Time is certainly flying by, August has just started and before I know it there will be snow all over the ground. The summer has been great though, there are a lot of things that Matt and I have been able to do. It has been great being able to travel all over Alaska together and show it to visitors who come to see what this beautiful place has to offer. Our touring started the very beginning of May, so far in the last few months I have had the chance to go Flight Seeing, Whitewater Rafting, Hiking, I've learned about Sled Dogs, and play with the puppies. I've been able to see Moose, Bear, Wolves, Caribou, Reindeer, Sheep, Whales, Eagles, Seals, Sea Lions, Otters, and who knows what else! I have decided that my favorite fish is Halibut and that Reindeer sausage is awesome! Alaska is definitely a unique place to live.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Me:
Currently I am in my last class before I can get my Associates degree in Business from RioSalado College. WooHoo!! It is definitely exciting to see all those classes finally start to pay off a little bit. Sometimes it seems like college in never-ending, so it is nice to have a half way marker that recognizes the effort that has been put forth. Within the next few weeks I should be receiving my diploma!
Although we have not made it to church in the recent weeks because of work, I do have callings. I am the Beehive advisor in the Young Womens. It has been awesome getting to know the girls, it reminds me a lot of my cousins and family that I left back home. I am also a ward Chorister, apparently I am good at waving my arm all around in the air and spelling my name over and over again! Honestly, it is probably the easiest calling in the world, all it requires is for you to be at church on time.
I have recently found a place to start dancing again! I am so excited to start Ballet, Jazz, and everything else again. I am a little rusty but it is what I thoroughly enjoy so I am 100% willing and able to start working on it again. As soon as the touring season is over I will be starting classes once or twice a week. It will be awesome!
Matt:
When it comes to school Matt has another semester of prerequisites before he can apply for the Nursing Program at the University of Alaska, Anchorage. He will be ending his touring season a little bit early to start school again, he'll be taking both Chemistry and Micro Biology. Yikes! Then he will be on the waiting list to start the Nursing Program.
Church-wise Matt is also a ward Chorister with me and another boy that is still a priest. He is also the Ward Music Chair. Basically he gets to pick all the songs and Musical Numbers and make sure people are there to have it run smoothly. So far in the time that we have been here it sounds much easier that it has been. Our ward is a little bit shy (I won't say unwilling) when it comes to playing the Organ, at times that has been a little challenging. We are both in with the youth of the ward. Matt often is the DJ for the stake dances and they all love him, not to mention it gives us a good excuse to dance together.
I am trying to talk Matt into doing more Art, whether it's drawing, painting, sculpting, or whatever. He is amazing at it, I would love to have his art all over our house. We just got him a new Sketch pad and he seems to be enjoying it.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We are well on our way to having been married for 8 months. I have to say that it is the best thing that I have ever done. It has brought tons of changes and at times challenges but in the end it is all worth it. We are very happy together and have already had many adventures together with many more on the way. Life is good and we have been blessed so much. I can't wait to see what the future holds!
"Your benevolence is evidence of your gorgeous soul
You've made a thoughtless half to feel a part of a shared whole.
So take this quick verse, feel it's meaning, know my thoughts are of you.
And above all in purest form, know how much I love you."
- Matt
Awesome update! Loved reading it, and the cute pictures. Love you guys! -Tracie
ReplyDelete