Festival Face Paint

Monday, January 9, 2012

Better Late than Never!

Well the Holiday season was definitely crazy and busy, hence, why it has taken me forever to post about Christmas!  . . . It was over a long time ago . . .  I know, I know.  Just close your eyes for a moment and let your mind go back a few weeks, and WaahLa!  Merry Christmas!  
We went to Arizona to spend some time with my family for the Holidays; but before we left we still wanted a little touch of Christmas in our apartment, even though we would be out of there long before Christmas came.  It just so happens that last year right after we got married and moved into our apartment Matt's mom had given us a little Christmas Tree.  So we pulled it out again before we left this year. 


Here we are with our undecorated tree.  It is only 12-18 inches tall but it fits on our table nicely and worked out perfectly for what we needed.  


It seemed like we had so many mini decorations to put on!  I can't believe they all fit.  It ended up looking quite cute if you ask me!  

Of course every year we have Christmas traditions that we try to uphold, one of the biggest ones that I always look forward to is making Christmas cookies.  Rolling out the dough is always my favorite part because that means I get to eat yummy cookie dough coated in Powdered Sugar.  YUM :)   


The down side to these cookies is that is always makes a huge mess all over the kitchen; from all the dishes used to make frosting and whatnot, to the powdered sugar that gets all over everyone.   - If you look closely you might be able to spot white hand prints on different people.


Danielle and the cookies she decorated!  You know, were it not for Danielle and I, I doubt that these cookies would end up being made at all.  We are the ones who tend to request and enforce some of the traditions that we love so much! 


Look at some more of our Yummy cookies!  They also taste way good! 


Matt got a little ahead of himself and not only had to eat cookie dough and frosting but was eating cookies while frosting.  He did an awesome job decorating them though, maybe that partly comes because he is very artistic.  Since I don't have any of that I'm glad I was able to marry someone who's got it - Creativity I mean.

This is not a Christmas tradition but it was a first for Matt and I.  While we were in Snowflake they had just gotten some snow, so there was a light layer on the ground for us.  On Christmas Eve Day we went outside and played in the snow.  We had a mini snowball fight and made a Snowman!  While in Alaska there is snow everywhere almost all the time, however, it is also very cold almost all of the time too.  I am kind of a wimp so I never wanted to freeze to death while building a snowman, it had to wait for a little bit warmer climate.  


This is our lovely Snowman.  I think he ended up looking quite good :)  


He's not all that big, but it was fun to do!  Not to mention the fact that we didn't even have to worry about putting on enough layers to stay warm outside.  
Also. . . Notice his hair.  We later realized that the dried grass we used is very flammable. . .


So we had to test it out once it got dark that night.  :)  We gathered up more of the grass and pulled out the lighter.  Who knew a Snowman could be on Fire?  


Matt and I on Christmas Morning.  Look how pale we are. . . Blah. . . that will be changing very soon.  


Our most unique gift this year was this Money Tree.  It literally had different bills rolled up and tied all over it.  We made sure to plug it in in hopes that it would continue producing.  We will see how long it actually lasts.  My mom was really funny this year.  She told us that we need to stop moving every year around Christmas time because the gifts are getting harder and harder to make creative.  We will try, but no promises!  That is of course we decide to stay in Hawaii forever!  

Well I know Christmas was quite a while ago now and everyone is probably over it, but I still wanted to share this and why not try to extend the Holiday season a little longer into the new year, right?  
This is also officially the last Blog of Brown - Volume I.  Matt pointed out the other day that we have clearly started another Volume in our book of Life.  So beginning now I will be starting Volume - II, Feel free to continue following that one, as that is where any new Blogs will be posted!  This last year definitely has been a good one and I can only hope that this next stage of life is even better.  

* Let me know what you have enjoyed about this little blog and what you would like to see improved in the future.  - Please comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment