Festival Face Paint

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thoughts of Thanks

Happy Turkey Day!!  

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite Holidays.  I'm not really sure what it is about it, the food, the family, the Soda Cracker Pie, the fact the my birthday is always right around the same time.  I just love it!  This year (like every other holiday has been over the last year) was different, I was with a different family, in a different house, I had to make some of the food on my own.  It all ended up really being a great day, good food and good company makes for a Great holiday.  


This was our Thanksgiving table!  It was at Matt's parents house, I had nothing to do with the cute decorations but I loved them!  Definitely a smaller setting this year too, I'm used to sharing the table with 20-30 other people.


Matt with his Mom.


Matt with his Dad.


Look how happy we all are to be getting to eat Turkey!!  - Not to mention pie!



I think Mike and Jen were excited too. . .  Mouths open and ready to fill!


Almost every family gathering is accompanied by the guys all gathering together to sing, they all have a love for Barbershop music, and they rest of us get to reap the benefits!  They actually broke out a song they used to perform for competitions, which they hadn't sang for probably 10 or 15 years.  There were actually two they pulled from the past, the first was basically introducing them, it named off each of them and said a little something about each person.  It was awesome; the second one was a whole story about going fishing.  It was Great too!  It brought back memories and made everyone realize just how much their voices have changed. 


This was our first Thanksgiving together and it was Wonderful!  Matt is so Amazing and I am glad to have had the opportunity to get to know a lot of his family.  It's definitely a good one to have married into.
Christmas will be spent with my family, who I haven't seen in what feels like forever!  However, I'm sure the next few weeks leading up to Christmas will fly by and we will be back in Arizona before we know it!

I hope everyone had equally Enjoyable Thanksgivings! 

6 comments:

  1. If you read / follow / enjoy these blog posts please leave me a little comment so I can get an idea who is interested in Matt and I.

    Thanks a Bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me me me me me!!! I love them!! Oh ps... sorry I missed your birthday I remembered but never got the chance to touch my phone that day. I was with Jordan's family. But I hope it was wonderful and that you ate till you about popped!! :) oh pss... I need your new number so we can catch up soon. School is almost done so I will have plenty of time to talk. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are going well for you newlyweds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful post, Jessica! Thanks for doing this and I will send a copy to Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read about you and Matt. Keep it up, thank you!!! I wish we were there for Thanksgiving with you all. Much Love!

    ReplyDelete